National Chiropractic Health Month 2018: Campaign Toolkit
For National Chiropractic Health Month 2018 this October, the American Chiropractic Association (ACA) and its members will encourage the public to move more – to "Move 4 Life" – to improve and maintain their musculoskeletal and overall health. As part of the campaign, chiropractors will provide information about musculoskeletal health and tips to stay active and prevent injury.
Movement is vitally important to overall health. Physical activity not only helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, Type 2 diabetes and even some cancers, it also strengthens our bones and muscles. As we age, the health of our bones and muscles -- also known as our musculoskeletal system -- is especially important in reducing the frequency and severity of back pain as well as preventing falls and other injuries that can lead to disability and limit our ability to engage in work and other daily activities. For these reasons, it’s essential to move now, to move later, to move for life and to stay healthy, strong, active and engaged.
Back pain remains one of the most prevalent and disabling conditions worldwide. It is one of the most common reasons that patients visit their doctors, and one of the most common conditions for which doctors prescribe opioid pain medications. Since the overuse and abuse of prescription opioid painkillers in the United States remains a top public health problem, it’s essential for health care consumers and providers to understand that spinal manipulation and other conservative approaches can get you moving by treating musculoskeletal conditions such as low back pain safely and effectively.
For ideas on how to promote #Move4Life in your clinic and community, check out our SAMPLE MARKETING PLAN (*for ACA members only*) and access the resources in the NCHM 2018 toolkit below:
On Social Media and Your Website...
In Your Community and Clinic...
- Get a proclamation signed by your governor or mayor (instructions).
- Use NCHM logos in your publications and practice materials. Or use the NCHM logo to create a sign/banner for the outside of your clinic.
- Send a press release (*ACA members-only*) to local editors to announce NCHM and share it via social media too (instructions).
- Use these key facts and figures as talking points to kick start conversations about the importance of a conservative drug-free approach to back pain treatment.
- Distribute patient education handouts (listed below) in your clinic or at health fairs and other public events.
Please contact the ACA Communications Department with any questions or to share your plans for National Chiropractic Health Month.
And be sure to use the hashtag #Move4Life in all your NCHM social media posts during the month of October!
* If you would like to join ACA to access the entire NCHM toolkit, contact ACA by clicking here.
* * *
Celebrate World Spine Day on Oct. 16
In addition to National Chiropractic Health Month, ACA encourages you to help celebrate World Spine Day on Oct. 16. Featuring the theme, "Love Your Spine," the one-day event will highlight the importance of spinal health and well-being. The campaign will promote not only physical activity but also good posture, responsible lifting and healthy working conditions. Visit the World Spine Day campaign page to learn more.