The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) is working to coordinate information from multiple sources and partners during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We encourage everyone to seek information directly from reliable sources, many of which are linked below.
HHS Is Releasing $2 Billion More in Provider Relief Fund Payments to Support Health Care Providers Affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic
On January 25, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), announced the distribution of approximately $2 billion in Provider Relief Fund (PRF) Phase 4 payments to health care providers who have experienced revenue losses and expenses related to the COVID-19 pandemic. HRSA publicly released the Phase 4 payment methodology in September, making it available to providers during the application period. In all, more than 74,000 providers in all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and eight territories will receive Phase 4 payments. Read more here.
HHS Is Releasing $9 Billion in Provider Relief Fund Payments to Support Health Care Providers Affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic
HHS Updates Provider Relief Fund Requirements: The federal Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) revised its post-payment reporting requirements related to the Provider Relief Fund (PRF). If you received funding under this program during the Covid-19 pandemic, please see this important information related to reporting. Updated FAQs and other information on the PRF can be found here.
HHS Announces the Availability of $25.5 Billion in COVID-19 Provider Funding
OSHA Issues Recommendations for Safety in Healthcare Workplaces
Provider Relief in the New American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
President Biden’s COVID-19 Related Executive Actions
ACA signs on with AMA and 70+ other healthcare organizations in favor of waiving budget neutrality requirements (PDF)
Homeland Security Lists Chiropractors as ‘Essential’
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has listed chiropractors among essential critical infrastructure workers. See page 5. (PDF)
- Status of Chiropractic by State
Statements from the ACA Board of Governors
- Call for expanded access to remote learning (and CEs) for chiropractors
- Let’s Work Together to Protect and Serve Our Patients, Staff, Families and Communities: ACA is committed to addressing misinformation. Claims are being made that spinal adjustments can boost immunity and decrease the risk of contracting COVID-19. While spinal adjustments are effective for a number of conditions, there is no quality evidence to support that they can improve immunity to COVID-19.
- Safe, Responsible Response to COVID-19: Doctors of chiropractic provide essential care and provide needed service during a healthcare crisis.
- ACA to HHS: Include DCs on list of “Qualified Professionals”: ACA contacted HHS in the spring of 2021 to encourage the agency to include doctors of chiropractic on the list of those “qualified professionals” who should be authorized to help with the vaccine rollout. (PDF)
- ACA to CMS: Allow Chiropractors to Furnish Telehealth Services in Medicare: ACA Contacted the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services reiterating the need for chiropractors to furnish telehealth services in Medicare. (PDF)
- ACA to Administration: Chiropractors Provide Essential Care to Combat COVID-19: ACA contacted the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Vice President Michael Pence to assert that doctors of chiropractic provide essential care necessary to support healthcare and the nation’s infrastructure.
- ACA to Department of Health and Human Services: Allow Chiropractors to Practice to the Full Extent of their Licensure for Telemed Services: ACA contacted the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to request that doctors of chiropractic be authorized to practice to the full scope of their state license via Telemedicine in Medicare in support of efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
- ACA to Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA): List Chiropractors as Essential Healthcare Providers: ACA contacted the Cybersecurity Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) (Department of Homeland Security) to request the addition of chiropractors to the federal list of essential healthcare providers (PDF)
Statements from ACA and Patient Access to Responsible Care Alliance (PARCA)
- Call for Protecting the Families of Essential Healthcare Providers (PDF)
- Call for Hazard Pay for Healthcare Providers, Aid for Unemployed and Underemployed Healthcare Providers, and Increased Access to Telehealth Services (PDF)
- Call for Access to Personal Protection Equipment (PDF)
- Call for five-year waiver on budget neutrality for CMS Evaluation and Management (E/M) code proposal (PDF)
Guidance from CDC
ACA suggests doctors of chiropractic remain up to date with public health guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) with regard to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
The following links are particularly useful, and will be updated as the situation develops and more information is available:
General Information and Fact Sheets
American Red Cross
Due to the pandemic, there is a critical need for blood. Learn more (including where to donate).