We are just days away from the start of National Chiropractic Health Month (NCHM) 2023 on Oct. 1. Take a moment to tour this year’s NCHM toolkit and determine how you, your practice, your organization or your business will participate.
This year’s theme, “Relieve, Restore, Resume,” brings attention to the prevalence and impact of chronic pain and the benefits of chiropractic’s non-drug approach to pain management. With the opioid crisis still taking its toll in the U.S., the need for increased awareness of chiropractic’s safe and effective approach to pain management, injury prevention and wellness remains strong.
Start planning your NCHM activities today by reviewing the resources and suggestions in the NCHM 2023 toolkit at www.acatoday.org/NCHM.
Tour the Toolkit
The toolkit contains the NCHM logo, key messages, social media graphics, infographics, patient handouts and more. Don’t miss the NCHM 2023 video, which features stats and information about this year’s theme. In addition, the sample promotional plan offers ideas and a sample schedule for how to promote the campaign in your community.
New this year: a consumer Instagram page to complement ACA’s consumer website, Handsdownbetter.org. The site and the Instagram account will feature NCHM-related content throughout the month of October.
Expanding the profession’s potential reach, the campaign also includes several Spanish language graphics to share on your website or social media.
When it comes to NCHM, get creative – you are only limited by your imagination! In the past, chiropractors have held special talks or have posted signage with the NCHM logo in their clinics to mark the occasion. Others have created their own videos, using NCHM key messages, to share with their social media followers. For businesses who work with the chiropractic industry, it’s also a terrific opportunity to connect your marketing activities to a good cause and to let your audience see how much you support the chiropractic profession.
Get Started, It’s Easy
Even if you don’t have a lot of time to devote to NCHM, there are simple ways you can show your support; everything you need is in the NCHM toolkit, available at www.acatoday.org/NCHM. Social media is one of the easiest ways to help spread the word:
- On Oct. 1: Announce that October is National Chiropractic Health Month on your social media pages. Post the NCHM logo with this text:
October is National Chiropractic Health Month! This year’s theme raises awareness of the prevalence and impact of chronic pain and the benefits of chiropractic’s non-drug approach for pain management and lessening reliance on opioids. #RelieveRestoreResume with chiropractic. handsdownbetter.org/NCHM
- Week 1: Post one to three of the social media posts with artwork on your social media pages to keep NCHM in front of your friends and followers. Remember to hashtag your posts with #RelieveRestoreResume.
- Week 2: Post one or more of ACA’s infographics promoting the effectiveness of chiropractic spinal manipulation on your social media. Remember to hashtag your posts with #RelieveRestoreResume.
- Week 3: Post the NCHM video on your social media pages. Remember to hashtag your posts with #RelieveRestoreResume.
- Week 4: End the month with more social media graphics and a “Did you know?” post using the NCHM key messages. Example: Did you know that back pain is a global problem and that is has fueled the opioid crisis in the U.S.? #RelieveRestoreResume with chiropractic during National Chiropractic Health Month and beyond! Visit handsdownbetter.org to learn more.
Always use the hashtag #RelieveRestoreResume and tag @acatoday on any social media posts (ACA staff will be watching and reposting). We also encourage you to repost ACA’s NCHM social media posts throughout the month.
Feel free to share with us anything else you are doing to celebrate NCHM, and always remember that the ACA communications team is here to answer your questions at [email protected].
Annette Bernat is ACA vice president of branding and communications.