The first ACA competency-based Nominating Committee was appointed during the association’s 53rd annual meeting in Washington, D.C., March 18. The committee is tasked with vetting candidates for ACA’s new governance structure based on their skills, experience and organizational need.
The new governance structure was adopted by the House of Delegates (HOD) during the annual meeting and will go into effect in March 2018.
Members of the Nominating Committee are:
- David Herd, DC, ACA president
- Craig Newman, DC (a member of the Board of Governors – appointed by the president)
- Eric Benson, DC, Nebraska delegate (elected by the House of Delegates)
- Dale White, DC, Texas-West delegate (elected by the House of Delegates)
- Karen Silberman, ACA executive vice president (non-voting)
The Nominating Committee will maintain qualifications and criteria for members of the Board of Governors (BOG), identify and vet board candidates, maintain a database of talent for consideration in committee and task force appointments, guide onboarding of new board members, and advise the BOG on committee and task force composition. They will be responsible for presenting a slate of candidates to the HOD for a new smaller, six-member Board of Governors during ACA’s annual meeting in 2018.
For more information on changes to ACA’s governance structure, click here.