2018 – 2019 ACA CPT & RUC Advisor Fellowship
As the leading organization in chiropractic, ACA advocates on behalf of chiropractors in today’s rapidly evolving health care environment. ACA is an active and engaged participant on several health policy fronts, including code development and valuation, coding guidance, payer engagement, and payment reform. The purpose of the ACA CPT & RUC Advisor Fellowship is to support ACA members who are interested in becoming future health policy leaders through gaining a deeper understanding of these issues, and providing subject-matter expertise on ACA health policy initiatives.
The CPT & RUC Advisor Fellowship is designed to provide exposure to health policy reimbursement and coding activities, and develop the next generation of ACA health policy leaders. The inaugural class of fellows will engage in projects related to reimbursement, coding, and payment reform. The individuals selected for this competitive, year-long program will receive education and training in policy areas related to code development and valuation, coding guidance, payer engagement with both public and private entities, and payment reform issues. Fellows will participate in meetings of the American Medical Association’s Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC) and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) Editorial Panel, where payment codes are created, revised and valued.
Throughout the course of the program, the ACA CPT & RUC Advisor Fellows will gain experience and knowledge in code development and valuation, coding guidance, payer engagement, and payment reform issues. Specifically, the fellows will:
- Develop competency and leadership in the creation, revision, and valuation of CPT codes through the AMA CPT and RUC processes
- Observe and develop the capacity to participate in AMA CPT Editorial Panel and RUC meetings
- Develop a high-level understanding of chiropractic coding and coding guidance
- Understand and learn the Medicare and third-party payer reimbursement and coverage issues, including the physician fee schedule
Upon completion of the program, the fellows will take an oral examination demonstrating their competency in the various health policy issues covered in the course of the program.
Applicants must be ACA members, with an active chiropractic license and at least eight (8) years of practice experience, and strong interpersonal and presentation skills, and the ability to work collaboratively. One CPT & one RUC Advisor Fellow will be selected for the program. Selections will be based on the candidates’ involvement in background and experience in coding and reimbursement issues, honors and recognitions, statements of interests, and ability to commit significant time to attend meetings and conference calls.
The key deadlines and meeting dates for the CPT & RUC Advisor Fellowship program are as follows:
- June 15, 2018: Application submission deadline
- July 15 – 31, 2018: Candidate interviews conducted
- August 15, 2018: Selected candidates will be notified.
- September 2018: CPT & RUC Fellowship Program Orientation conference call
- Training throughout the year
- January 16 – 19, 2019: RUC Meeting, Fort Myers, FL
- May 9 – 11, 2019: CPT Editorial Panel Meeting, Chicago, IL
- The application
- A statement of interest, including your experience with coding and reimbursement
To email@example.com by June 15, 2018