ACA's advocacy day and annual conference is part of ongoing efforts to position members for success by bringing them cutting-edge education, networking and leadership-development opportunities, and the opportunity to lobby Congress on behalf of their patients and the profession.
ACA Engage 2021 will be Feb. 3-6 at the Omni Shoreham Hotel at 2500 Calvert St. NW in Washington, D.C.
Engage 2021 Call for Presenters
Engaging Healthcare Communities - From Patients to Policymakers
The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) announces its call for presenters for ACA’s annual conference, Engage 2021. You are invited to submit a presentation proposal for a 1-hour lecture presentation or a 1-hour panel discussion.
The theme of ACA Engage 2021 educational programming: Engaging Healthcare Communities - From Patients to Policymakers
ACA Engage 2021 education sessions should be evidence-based and have practical application. Topics of interest based on a recent ACA learning needs assessment include:
Communication with patients, other healthcare providers, legislators or private payer policymakers is critical to effectively provide chiropractic care and expand services. How can chiropractic physicians enhance their skills or approach these discussions more effectively?
- Engaging with families and their communities reinforces chiropractic's value in serving patients in the interest of public health. How does a chiropractic physician provide holistic care?
- Engaging with special communities and populations enables the profession to meet special needs. How should a practitioner’s approach change based on the specific patient population or demographics of the community?
- How do chiropractic physicians translate research into practice – from using efficacy or cost-savings data to influence policy to improving patient outcomes and compliance through patient education?
Clinical education to manage common conditions seen in daily practice.
Information on the latest research and how to translate it into practice.
Specialized content such as topics in pediatrics, sports, nutrition or neurology.
- Information on navigating the value-based payment system.
- Guidance on quality documentation practices.
All applicants must submit proposals electronically through ACA’s Presenter Center. Submissions will be accepted until Sunday, April 19, 2020. Final submissions must be received by this date to be considered for evaluation and selection. Click here to view the Submission Instructions.
Applicants whose proposals are accepted will be notified by email on or around June 15, 2020
Applicants are encouraged to read the Proposal Guidelines (PDF) and FAQs (PDF) before starting a submission. Proposals are best submitted using Chrome or Firefox web browsers.
Questions? Contact Lori Hall at (703) 812-0245 or email@example.com.
Submission Instructions Create a Proposal Return to your Proposal
April 19, 2020
Deadline to submit proposal
June 15, 2020
Presenters notified about proposal selections
July 7, 2020
Signed speaker agreement and disclosure forms due back to ACA
July 13, 2020
Speaker bios and headshots due into ACA
July 30, 2020
Speakers notified by email when their sessions are scheduled
Speaker deadline to register for conference. Speakers' conference registration is complimentary; however, speakers must pay for additional Engage 2021 activities and events (CE credits, FICC Luncheon, SACA Trivia) Please note speakers are not paid honoraria or expenses.
Deadline to book hotel at conference discount rate.