Engaging Healthcare Communities - From Patients to Policymakers
The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) announces its call for presenters for ACA’s annual conference, Engage 2020, formerly the National Chiropractic Leadership Conference (NCLC). You are invited to submit a presentation proposal for a 1-hour lecture presentation or a 1-hour panel discussion.
The theme of ACA Engage 2020 educational programming: "Engaging Healthcare Communities – from Patients to Policymakers".
ACA Engage 2020 education sessions should be evidence-based and have practical application. Topics of interest based on a recent ACA learning needs assessment include:
Communication with patients, other healthcare providers, legislators or private payer policymakers is critical to effectively provide chiropractic care and expand services. How can chiropractic physicians enhance their skills or approach these discussions more effectively?
- Engaging with families and their communities reinforces chiropractic's value in serving patients in the interest of public health. How does a chiropractic physician provide holistic care?
- Engaging with special communities and populations enables the profession to meet special needs. How should a practitioner’s approach change based on the specific patient population or demographics of the community?
- How do chiropractic physicians translate research into practice – from using efficacy or cost-savings data to influence policy to improving patient outcomes and compliance through patient education?
Clinical education to manage common conditions seen in daily practice.
- Information on the latest research and how to translate it into practice.
- Specialized content such as topics in pediatrics, sports, nutrition or neurology.
- Information on navigating the value-based payment system.
- Guidance on quality documentation practices.
Submissions focusing on practice building will not be considered as a conference educational session as they are not acceptable for CE credit.
All applicants must submit proposals electronically through ACA’s Presenter Center. Submissions will be accepted until Monday, May 6, 2019. Final submissions must be received by this date to be considered for evaluation and selection.
All proposals should include the following:
- Session Format – 1-hour lecture presentation or 1-hour panel discussion.
- Presentation Title – The title should immediately communicate the session content.
- Presentation Summary – Well-written, with clearly stated outcomes and appropriately documented theory, research and/or experience.
- Course Breakdown – Hourly breakdown of topics to be presented during your session.
- Learning Objectives – 2-3 measurable learning objectives that describe what learners should be able to do upon completion of your session. Click here for guidance on writing acceptable learning objectives (PDF).
- Intended Audience – Students, Chiropractic Assistants, Practicing Doctor of Chiropractic (5-10 years in practice), Practicing Doctor (more than 11 years in practice), Researchers.
- Attendee Immediate Take-home Value – What is the “Monday morning application?”
- References – 5 content references that support your presentation. References should be recent - within the last 10 years.
- Sample Presentation Slides – 3-5 sample slides that support your presentation.
- Curriculum vitae for each presenter – not to exceed 2 pages.
Review and Notification
Proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Strength of theoretical/scientific or professional rationale supporting the proposal;
- Patient-centered content.
- Clinically-applicable content that answers the question, “How can I apply this Monday morning?”
- Suitability of the amount of information to be presented to the proposed session length.
- Clarity of learning objectives.
- Overall clarity of proposal.
Applicants whose proposals are accepted will be notified by email on or around July 9, 2019.
Applicants are encouraged to read the Proposal Guidelines (PDF) and FAQs (PDF) before starting a submission.
*Proposals are best submitted using Chrome or Firefox web browsers.
Questions? Contact Lori Hall at (703) 812-0245 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposal Guidance Submission Instructions Create a Proposal Return to your Proposal