- ABOUT ACA
- ABOUT CHIROPRACTIC
- Member Center
- Assistance By Claim Type
- Coding and Billing
- Practice Resource Center
- Best Practices/Policies
- For Insurers
- Ethical Practice
- Chiropractic Networks Action Ctr.
- Patient Resources
- SACA Member Center
- SACA Programs
- SACA Calendar
- Prospective Students
- SACA Leadership
- MEETINGS & EDUCATION
- CONTACT US
ACA E-mail Discussion List Sign-Up
ACA's online discussion group designed specifically for ACA DC members is quickly gaining popularity. The listserv empowers ACA members to instantly reach hundreds of colleagues to network and share ideas on a variety of issues. Discussion topics range from national unity, case review systems, portal of entry status for physical therapists, the public's perception of chiropractic, HIPAA, marketing to other health care providers, chiropractic care and children, most recent healthcare research, and much more.
If you are an ACA member, and are not yet on the listserv, don't miss out on this member benefit. This is your chance to voice your opinion. To join the discussion, please review the list policy first:
ACA E-mail Discussion List Policiesupdated November 2011
The primary purpose of the ACA discussion list is to enhance communication of information between the ACA and its members. Secondarily it provides opportunity for the members to share information relative to practice issues and other topics of interest to the ACA members.
The purpose of this policy is to assure a high quality of communication and discussion on the discussion list as well as protecting the ACA and its members from incurring legal liability. The following rules apply to every discussion list member.
- Use and participation on the ACA e-mail discussion list is a privilege granted to members of the ACA, each of whom signifies his/her agreement to the terms of this policy by utilizing the discussion list.
- NOTE: The ACA does not accept requests/inquiries through the listserv. The listserv is for peer-to-peer collaboration only. If you have an insurance-related question/concern you wish to bring to the attention of the ACA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To contact other ACA departments, please visit ACA's Contact Page.
- Discussion list members must provide a "signature" that identifies, at the very least their true first and last name. Additional information is optional.
- Discussion list members shall not post content which may be actionable under antitrust laws. This includes but is not limited to: sharing of fee information, any activities that may be construed as "price fixing," and calls to boycott.
Discussion list members shall not post any of the following:
- Chain letters
- Virus alerts, hoaxes, and urban legends
- Promotional materials to solicit business or engage in buying and selling of goods or services, except for materials announcing or soliciting participation in programs, activities or membership of the ACA.
- Content that is threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, derogatory against any person based on race, religion, gender, ethnicity or any other identifiable characteristic, or illegal in any way, whether such content is intended to be humorous or not.
- Content that you do not have a legal right to post.
- Content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Content that detracts from an environment of fair, reasonable, honest discussion.
- Complete Blog entries. Links to relevant blogs are permitted, however.
- Political messages that advocate a particular viewpoint, including links to articles and editorial pieces, unless they relate to a chiropractic issue and the need to place it in context.
- Jokes or other posts which are primarily comprised of humorous content shall include in the subject line some identification of the post as "humor" or "joke" or something similar. In no case shall a member post any content, whether humorous or otherwise, that is profane, obscene or derogatory to any person or group based on their race, religion, ethnicity or gender.
- ACA documents that may be considered confidential or privileged shall not be shared on this list.
- All requests for list members to complete or participate in any non-ACA produced or sanctioned survey must gain approval from the list moderator prior to posting.
- The use of ACA mailing lists is restricted to ACA members only; therefore, list members shall only send messages to the list address and will not include (CC:, BCC:) non-list members. Any external use of the list content must have prior approval of the Executive Committee.
Should you need any help at any time, please contact Dean Millard, Director, Information Systems, at email@example.com.